Next-Generation Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis
Variogram Analysis of Response Surfaces (VARS)
The Watershed Systems Analysis and Modelling Lab is home to the VARS sensitivity and uncertainty analysis framework. VARS is applicable to the full range of computer simulation models, including Earth and Environmental Systems Models (EESMs). VARS is under continuous development and new capabilities and features are forthcoming.
Wonder what VARS is? Watch this video:
- Introduces a next-generation toolbox for sensitivity and uncertainty analysis.
- Provides a multi-method approach that unifies different theories and strategies.
- Accounts for dynamical properties of Earth and environmental systems models.
- Provides various sampling strategies including progressive Latin hypercube sampling.
- Facilitates handling of high-dimensional models with hundreds of uncertain factors.